Millers Boating Center Certification
Millers Boating Center decided to undergo the journey of becoming a “Marine Industry Certified Dealership”, and on May 14th, 2008 became the first dealership in the Ocala area to accomplish this task. Since that time, Millers has maintained their Dealer Certification, and has recently attained both the Brunswick Five Star and the Five Star MICD certifications.
Millers’ takes great pride in our level of customer service, receiving many accolades from Mercury and the various boat manufacturers we represent. Making every attempt to satisfy our customers is why we have been able to serve our customers since 1978. The process of earning “Dealer Certification” involves many facets of dealership operations and management.
Interestingly, sales volume is not one of them. In order to become a certified dealership, we must demonstrate to an independent third party certifying body that we have the tools in place to ensure that all of our customers are treated in a consistent manner assuring an enjoyable ownership experience. Some of the requirements for certification are listed below:
- Sales Process Map
- Parts and Accessories Sales Process Map
- Service Process Map
- Lead Management System in place
- Web Site is maintained and has a professional appearance
- Dealership must have a detailed Marketing Plan in place
- Job Descriptions for all employees
- Yearly Employee Performance Reviews
- Employee Training system in place and records kept
- Dealership’s Facility must be neat, organized, and customer friendly
- Customer Satisfaction Survey scores must be above national average and regularly tracked
- All sales and service customers must be contacted for a follow up survey
- Proper use of Internet for conducting business with boat and motor manufacturers
Certification is only the beginning as quarterly reviews, continuous improvement, and recertification is required every year or two. We believe dealer certification helps Millers Boating Center to be a better dealer and provides our customers with a superior sales, service, and ownership experience.
We invite you to visit Millers Boating Center and compare our dealership to others in Central Florida.